The growing interest of French-speaking Europeans for an Authentic Quebec makes the Lanaudière-Mauricie regions one of the most promising destinations in Quebec.
Located on the north shore of the St. Lawrence with the massive Laurentian escarpment just beyond the river, the Lanaudière-Mauricie destination lies midway between Montreal and Quebec City… right in the heart of the province!
It’s the authenticity that visitors love most of all.
- The authenticity of its landscapes of lakes, rivers and forests: the Lac Saint-Pierre Reserve Biosphere, La Mauricie National Park, the Mont-Tremblant National Park, 3 wildlife sanctuaries and 7 regional parks
- The authenticity of its traditions: numerous art and culture sites, sharing of Amerindian culture, the art of living “Quebec-style,” and of course… that legendary welcome!
- The authenticity of its rich historical past: the Chemin du Roy – first overland route in Canada – running along beside the St. Lawrence River, 3 historic districts, 4 National Historic Sites of Canada, and numerous sites testifying to the heritage of New-France and the beginnings of industrialization in Canada
Lanaudière-Mauricie, for a complete Quebec experience.
- Outdoor activities and forest holidays
- Discover typical animated towns and villages, both old and modern
- Local cuisine highlighting fine regional products
- Events and festivals of international scope from C&W to classical music
- Summer and fall multi-discovery circuits
- Multi-activity stays in winter and snowmobile expedition
- In spring, a time of renewal and the traditional sugar shack!
- Log-cabin style hotels, major hotel chains, alternative lodging such as teepees or yurts, country inns, and of course lots of B&Bs
As visitors to Lanaudière-Mauricie have said it’s the Quebec we’ve been dreaming about!