The growing interest of French-speaking Europeans for an Authentic Quebec makes the Lanaudière-Mauricie regions one of the most promising destinations in Quebec.
Download as PDF
Located on the north shore of the St. Lawrence with the massive Laurentian escarpment just beyond the river, the Lanaudière-Mauricie destination lies midway between Montreal and Quebec City… right in the heart of the province!
It’s the authenticity that visitors love most of all.
- The authenticity of its landscapes of lakes, rivers and forests: the Lac Saint-Pierre Reserve Biosphere, La Mauricie National Park, the Mont-Tremblant National Park, 3 wildlife sanctuaries and 7 regional parks
- The authenticity of its traditions: numerous art and culture sites, sharing of Amerindian culture, the art of living “Quebec-style,” and of course… that legendary welcome!
- The authenticity of its rich historical past: the Chemin du Roy – first overland route in Canada – running along beside the St. Lawrence River, 3 historic districts, 4 National Historic Sites of Canada, and numerous sites testifying to the heritage of New-France and the beginnings of industrialization in Canada
Lanaudière-Mauricie, for a complete Quebec experience.
- Outdoor activities and forest holidays
- Discover typical animated towns and villages, both old and modern
- Local cuisine highlighting fine regional products
- Events and festivals of international scope from C&W to classical music
- Summer and fall multi-discovery circuits
- Multi-activity stays in winter and snowmobile expedition
- In spring, a time of renewal and the traditional sugar shack!
- Log-cabin style hotels, major hotel chains, alternative lodging such as teepees or yurts, country inns, and of course lots of B&Bs
As visitors to Lanaudière-Mauricie have said it’s the Quebec we’ve been dreaming about!